Sunday 24 August 2014

Conclusion of July 2014 Camp NANO


This camp I worked on getting Book 3 of the Rules Trilogy finished.  Although it’s not quite complete I’m within the home stretch and a couple more writing sessions should make the rough draft whole.  With the story now mostly mapped out the more challenging task of solidifying the world’s structure and Selena’s interactions with it will occur.  Initially I was optimistic that Book 1 of this series would be my first published novel but the more I examine it the more I’m convinced this saga needs more polishing before I can launch it into the world.

Given this realisation I have turned my attention back to a long-time friend, Call of the Black Panther.  Considerably more simple in design than the Rules Trilogy I’m optimistic that I can have it finalised and ready for publication by spring of next year (this date is revised from end of this year).  With that in mind, however, there is much to be done, not the least of which is commission cover art, format the file and elicit another couple of editing read-throughs.  I have decided to rely on my own extensive experience with the English language as well as the recommendations of several colleagues rather than pay an exorbitant amount of money to have it professionally edited.  Hopefully this decision will prove fruitful in the long-run.

 Cover Art Image for Call of the Black Panther

No comments:

Post a Comment